Chamber music is a form of instrumental music played by a small ensemble, consisting of one player per part. Although everyone in the group has a different role, the intimate setting allows them to come together to play as one, to listen, lead, follow, and respond to each other.
Guided by VAM’s distinguished faculty, students will learn the essential skills of communication and collaboration, a fundamental aspect of every musician’s education. To begin the process, please fill out the form below to submit an audition.
- Junior: RCM 1-4/Suzuki 2-5
- Intermediate: RCM 4-7/Suzuki 4-7
- Senior: RCM 7+/Suzuki 7+
- One solo repertoire selection of your choosing (piano accompaniment not required)
- Scales (refer to requirements here)
- Prepared sight-reading excerpt (refer to excerpts linked below)