Help us enrich the student experience. Your gifts will help VAM to be in the vanguard of forward-looking music academies, a place where art is valued for both its own sake and its ability to spark collaborative discovery and impact society. Every donation enables VAM to provide support for programs such as
- Education and performance outreach events
- Masterclasses with renowned guest musicians
- Subsidized ticket pricing for all VAM Orpheum concerts that showcase student excellence
- Unique learning experiences that inspire VAM students to make creative connections and to widen their approaches to creating, learning, rehearsing, and performing music.
New Donor Opportunity:
VAM Secondary Instrument Program (SIP)
SIP NEEDS DONORS LIKE YOU
As one of VAM’s newest and most innovative programs, SIP is looking to purchase 2 Double Basses – a ½-size, and a ¾-size – to add to our current family of two ¼-size basses.
The total cost for the 2 new instruments is $5,500
What is SIP?
SIP (Secondary Instrument Program) is a maverick new VAM program that offers its Junior and Intermediate Symphony students a new experience through guided explorations of a different but related orchestral instrument.
Creating Versatile Musicians
Donor support enables VAM to harness additional instructional support and a growing instrument library to open new possibilities for young orchestral performers and introduce them to instruments that are traditionally underserved in the industry:
- Young violinists are given the chance to try a viola
- Wind players can experiment with the new sounds of a bassoon
- Cellists can stretch up to embrace a double bass
Why take a SIP?
Expand a student’s curiosity
Expand their learning
Expand their soundscape
Offered on a rotational basis, students explore a new instrument within their instrument family and embrace new possibilities.
AS A DONOR, SIP NEEDS YOU!
Please consider a Donation to make this possible.
Your gift will help fuel our young musicians’ curiosity and appetite for learning!
Your gift will help enrich the student experience, enable programs that advance discovery and creativity, and connect cultural excellence with community cultural service.