Performing in a symphony orchestra is an exhilarating experience that teaches young musicians essential life skills such as communication, respect, and teamwork. VAM’s Orchestral Program offers four levels of training that strike a balance between excellence and enjoyment.
No fees or appointments
Auditions are free and do not require an appointment! Simply complete the following:
1. Review the audition requirements of your desired level of orchestra (new and returning students are required to audition).
2. Create an audition video and upload to a file-sharing site (e.g., Dropbox or Youtube). Single-take videos are optional; if you are submitting a compilation, please ensure that all required components of the audition are included. Piano accompaniment is not required.
3. Complete the form below
4. You will receive your results by email within two weeks’ time.
Limited space available!
Chairs will be assigned to qualified candidates on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are advised to audition before July 1 for acceptance in their desired level as capacity varies dependent on the ensemble and section.
Are you not sure which level is right for your audition?
If you are new to VAM’s Orchestral Program and not sure which level to audition for, you may submit a General Audition. Complete the form below and provide a video with the following content:
1. One repertoire selection of your choosing
2. One etude or study
3. Strings only: one major and one melodic minor scale. Scales can be one, two, or three octaves (depending on comfort level) and any key of the student’s choosing.