Who is eligible: VAM voice students born after January 1, 1998
Application deadline: February 28
Competition dates: March 31 (preliminary) and April 9 (final)
- Four $200 scholarships
- One $400 scholarship
VAM is honored to present the annual Barbara Clague Festival of Song. The outpouring of support from the Clague family, as well as numerous friends wishing to pay tribute to Barbara Clague’s memory, has been both touching and inspiring. The purpose of the Barbara Clague Festival of Song is to spotlight talented vocalists – 18 years of age and under – fostering their musical development with 5 tuition scholarships applicable to VAM programs.
Application deadline: Tuesday, February 28
Preliminary round: Friday, March 31
Finalist workshop: Saturday, April 1, 10:00-11:00am
Final round: Sunday, April 9, 2:00pm
1. Ages 13 to 18
2. Ages 12 and under
One classical, folk, or musical theatre song composed before 1970.
Kathleen Allan, Workshop Clinician
Presented in partnership with VAM’s Mary Buckerfield White Choral Program, the Finalist Workshop is the Festival of Song’s ensemble singing component, featuring the rehearsal of the festival anthem to be performed in the final round.
Festival Rules and Guidelines
1. Applicants must have been born on or after January 1st, 1998.
2. Applications are subject to a fee of $20.
3. All vocalists must perform by memory.
4. A copy of the music must be submitted to the adjudicator.
5. All applicants are responsible for arranging a piano accompanist.
6. Finalists selected must attend the workshop on Saturday, April 1.
7. The preliminary round will be closed to the public with the exception of the applicants parents/guardians. The public is welcome to attend the final round.
Applications for the Barbara Clague Festival of Song are open to VAM students only. Please log in to your account to apply.