Who is eligible: VAM voice students born after January 1, 2000
Application deadline: March 13
Competition dates: April 13
VAM is honored to present the 7th Annual Barbara Clague Festival of Song. The outpouring of support from the Clague family, as well as numerous friends wishing to pay tribute to Barbara Clague’s memory, has been both touching and inspiring. The purpose of the Festival is to spotlight talented vocalists – 18 years of age and under – fostering their musical development with $1,200 in total scholarships awarded for 2019/20 VAM tuition.
Junior: ages 12 and under
Senior: ages 13-18
Application Deadline: March 13, 2019, 11:59pm
Competition: April 13, 7:00pm. The competition time, originally scheduled for 2:00pm, has been changed to 7:00pm.
VAM voice students born on or after
January 1, 2000 who are not previous winners of the Senior Category.
One classical, folk, or musical theatre song.
The competition will be adjudicated by a distinguished musician external to VAM.
1. Applications must include a registration fee of $20 made payable to the Vancouver Academy of Music.
2. A copy of the music must be sumbitted to the adjudicator (photocopies permitted).
3. All vocalists must perform by memory.
4. All applicants are responsible for arranging a piano accompanist.
5. The competition is open to the public.
6. The adjudicator retains the right to withhold any prize if, in their opinion, it is not merited. All decisions made by the adjudicator are final and without appeal.
Applications for the Barbara Clague Festival of Song are open to VAM students only. Please log in to your account to apply.