Who is eligible: VAM woodwind & brass students
Application deadline: January 22
Competition dates: February 22 (preliminary) and March 2 (final)
The Vancouver Academy of Music Jerold Gerbrecht Woodwind and Brass Competition is designed to identify young talented woodwind and brass students and afford them recognition and financial assistance. $1,200 total in scholarships will be awarded for 2019/20 VAM tuition.
Flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, french horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba
Eligible students are those enrolled in VAM private lessons for any of the instruments listed above.
Application Deadline: January 22, 2019, 11:59pm
Preliminary Round: February 22, 2019
Students will receive notice of their specific time slot following the application deadline.
Final Round: March 2, 2019
Junior: ages 15 and under
Senior: ages 16+
Students will be evaluated by one distinguished musician external to VAM in each the preliminary and final round.
1. Applications are subject to a fee of $20 made payable to the Vancouver Academy of Music.
2. Applicants must prepare one work with accompaniment not to exclude 15 minutes in duration. Applicants are responsible for arranging their own accompanist.
3. A copy of the music must be submitted to the adjudicator in both rounds (photocopies permitted).
4. The preliminary round will be closed to the public with the exception of the parents/guardians and teacher of the student playing; no video or audio recording permitted. The public is welcome to attend the final round.
5. The adjudicator retains the right to withhold any prize if, in their opinion, it is not merited. All decisions made by the adjudicator are final and without appeal.
The Jerold Gerbrecht Woodwind & Brass Competition is open to VAM students only. Please log in to your account to apply.