Who is eligible: VAM woodwind & brass students
Application deadline: February 24
Competition dates: March 24 (preliminary) and March 31 (final)
The Vancouver Academy of Music Jerold Gerbrecht Winds and Brass Competition is designed to identify young talented winds or brass students and afford them recognition and financial assistance. Award recipients are provided with a performance opportunity and scholarship money to assist with their studies at VAM.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2017
Preliminary Round: Friday, March 24, 2017
Final Round: Friday, March 31, 2017, 7:30pm
Location: Koerner Recital Hall at VAM (1270 Chestnut Street)
Flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, french horn, trombone, tuba, saxophone
1. Applicants must be currently registered at the Vancouver Academy of Music.
2. Submitted applications, consisting of a completed application form and a
$20 fee, must be submitted to the Administrative Director on or before February 24, 2017. Applicants may use the attached form or apply online at vam.ca.
3. Applicants must prepare one piece of work with accompaniment not to exclude 15 minutes in duration. Applicants are responsible for arranging their own accompanist.
4. An original score must be provided for the Adjudicator in both rounds.
5. Finalists will be selected to perform by the Adjudicator.
6. The preliminary round will be closed to the public with the exception of the contestant’s parents/guardians. The public is welcome to attend the final round.
7. A copy of the adjudication sheet will be provided to contestants following the competition.
8. Scholarship awards will be presented at the conclusion of the final round on Friday, March 31, 2017 and are to be used for tuition only at the Vancouver Academy of Music.
9. The adjudicator retains the right to withhold any prize if, in their opinion, it is not merited. All decisions made by the adjudicator are final and without appeal.
The Jerold Gerbrecht Woodwind & Brass Competition is open to VAM students only. Please log in to your account to apply.